We are committed to protecting your privacy when you use our online or other services (“Services“) or when you purchase goods or products from us (“Products”). In this policy, we explain how and why we collect process and use your personal information, how and why we share it and what controls you have over our use of it. In this Privacy Statement the terms ‘we’, ‘us’ means Certain Exhibitions.
Please read this Privacy Statement carefully as it contains important information to help you understand our practices regarding the use of your personal information by Certain Exhibitions.
From time to time, we may review this Statement and any updates will be provided on this webpage. Please refer to this Privacy Statement regularly to review any amendments.
This Privacy Statement was last updated on 16 May 2018.
What data do we collect and how do we use it?
We may collect your personal information (which means any information about you) in connection with our Services or Products, including: your name, postal address, email address, and about your business such as your company name and business sector. In addition when you order certain Services or Products from us, we may need to retain and process your transaction and payment details, including your credit or debit card details.
How We Collect Your Information
We may collect your personal information when:
- you apply for or purchase any Product or Services from us;
- you request information or assistance from us; and/or
- if you use any other features of our Website, client portal or other services that may be offered from time to time, if your personal information is needed to use these services.
Our Use of Your Information
Certain Exhibitions collects and processes information about you for the following purposes:
|to provide our Products or Services to you;||Performance of contract;
|to provide you with information on our Products or Services requested by you and respond to your queries;||Necessary steps prior to a contract and/or performance of contract;|
|to review and improve our Products and Services and to help and support you in using our Products and Services;||Performance of contract;
|to confirm, update and improve our customer records;||Legal obligation;
|to review and develop your relationship with us;||Performance of contract;
|to inform you about improvements to our Website;||Performance of contract;
|to troubleshoot problems with the Website, or to customise your experience on the Website;||Performance of contract;
|in connection with credit cards and credit related services;||Performance of contract;
|to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, which may require us to share your information, for example to combat fraud or money laundering;||Legal obligation;|
|to conduct statistical analysis and research;||Legitimate interests;|
|to keep you informed of other Products and Services that may be of interest to you;|| Legitimate interests;
If appropriate, with your consent;
|to consider and process any application you may make to us for a job or to provide your services to us; and||Necessary steps prior to contract and/ or performance of a contract;|
|for other reasons in connection with our business operations; and||Legitimate interests;|
|any other purpose to which you consent.||Data subject consent.|
How We Might Share Your Information
We may need to share your personal information to help us provide our Services and Products to you and to run our Website, including with:
- our advisors;
- our third party service providers who process information on our behalf to provide our Services or to run some of our internal business operations including email distribution, IT services, business support and customer services;
- independent debt recovery agencies or service providers, solicitors or other agents if money is outstanding on your account; and law enforcement bodies in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order.
Retention of Your Personal Information
Your information will be kept if required for the reasons described here and to comply with applicable laws. We will take reasonable steps to destroy personal information we hold if it is no longer needed for these reasons.
From time to time, we may send you information about our Products and Services that we believe may be of interest to you or your business. You may receive this information by letter, telephone or email. If you no longer wish to receive these updates, please let us know by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by following the unsubscribe link provided in every email.
- A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to work more efficiently and to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
- We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to each user’s needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
- Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the information you choose to share with us.
- You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent or limit you from taking full advantage of the website.
This Website contains links to the sites of third parties, which are not within our control. This Privacy Statement only applies to this Website. We do not control the content, the security or the use of your personal data by any third party websites. We accept no responsibility or liability for other websites not under our control and so when you access we recommend that you look at the privacy notices that appear on those sites. No links are intended to be, nor should be construed as, an endorsement of any kind by us of that other website.
You may not create a link to this Website from another website or document without our prior written permission.
Certain Exhibitions places great importance on the security of all information associated with our customers. We invest appropriate resources to protect your personal information, from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to your information. With regard to our Websites, we use secure server software (SSL) to encrypt financial information you input before it is sent to us. However, please be aware that no internet-based site can be 100% secure and Certain Exhibitions cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended access that is beyond our control. Although Certain Exhibitions will do its best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data sent over the internet or by email.
You have the right to request copies of your personal information held by us and details of how we use that information by contacting us in writing using the details below. If any of your information is incorrect or out of date, please let us know and we will amend our records. You also have the right to require us to stop processing your personal data and/or to withdraw your consent, where applicable. However this may not apply where we have other legal reasons for continuing to use your personal data.
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal information you may contact us using the details below and we will investigate your complaint. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (for example, the Information Commissioners Office or ICO) once you have tried to resolve the issue with us. See ico.org.uk for further information.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement or to find out further information about your personal information and how we use it, please contact us at the details below. Your request should be made in writing.
Data Protection Contact
Email address: email@example.com
16 May 2018 – Version 1.0